15 Nov 2012

Why Do I Sew?


Most of my life I've been trying to find who I am and what I was created to do. I was forced to choose when I wasn't ready and now I'm coming back to what I started with. Creating.
When sewing, I feel like having the most important interesting task in the world.
When sewing, there is some kind of magic (mostly the magic of spoiling fabrics due to the lack of skills, which is, I believe, temporary!)
When sewing, I don't feel frustrated.
When sewing, I feel like there is a voice coming from the depths: "Do it, do it, do it. No matter what they say and think. Oh, God, for the first time in your life - just don't bother what they think!".
When sewing, I feel like when drawing and painting.
When sewing, I feel like when writing.
When sewing, it feels like 1920s.
When sewing, I feel being so much into art that is like.... home.

The silk slip I'm currently making is going to be pretty nice because of the friend of mine having kindly provided me with the silkiest silk (and I sincerely trying not to spoil it with loose stitches, oops.)








No comments:

Post a Comment